I am so honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award again, this time by Be Present Yoga! This time was just like the last, I read the comment as if I had just been nominated for the biggest award in the blogosphere. I enjoy investigating and exploring new health and nutrition trends just as much as I love writing about my personal running and fitness journey.
For those who an unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, it is a way for us bloggers to discover new blogs, while give others the scoop to check out our favorite bloggers. Once nominated for the Liebster Award, here are the rules:
1) Thank the blogger who gives it to you.
2) Answer the eleven questions he/she asks.
3) Nominate eleven bloggers with less than 500 followers.
4) Ask these eleven bloggers eleven questions.
5) Let these bloggers know that I have nominated them.
Below are my questions and answers!
1) If you could change careers and start a brand new one tomorrow. What would you do?
Because I love to educate people—in my current career as a writer with words—I would love to become a personal trainer or a nutritionist. I actually thought about pursuing this as I contemplate grad school, but these career paths require a M.S. and I have a B.A. For now I will combine these two disciplines in my writing!
2) You win a 2-week vacation, all expenses paid. Where would you go?
As much as I would be tempted to go back to Paris, I would want to explore some place new. I enjoy the calming sounds of the beach in my ears and feeling the warm skin bronzing my flesh. I would choose to go to Mykonos, Greece to enjoy the breathtaking views, Greek culture, history, and food.
3) You’ve been given one super power. What would you choose?
My super power would be to fly. I have been dying to skydive for the longest time, but am a bit chicken about jumping out of a plane. I would love to feel as free as a bird.
4 & 5) You have the opportunity to create a cure for one disease. What would it be and why?
I would create a cure for cancer. I know too many people who are diagnosed and have lost the battle. There is still no cause known of breast cancer and to be able to eliminate one of the biggest and deadliest diseases we have today would be the best feeling.
6) You could have dinner and discussion with anyone living or dead. Who would you choose?
I would love to have a night with Marilyn Monroe. I have always been drawn to her beauty, but even more the soul that lied inside. I think she would have timeless stories to tell and dinner with drinks with be the most entertaining evening.
7) Favorite movie?
I love watching movies. It is hard to just name one, but one of my top favorites is Inception. I love the concept, storyline, performances, and action of the well-directed, mind-blowing blockbuster.
8) Favorite childhood memory?
Being at the Jersey Shore as a small child with my family. I could still smell the salt water from the ocean and taste the salt-water taffy on my tongue.
9) If you could make a living writing on any topic. What topic would you choose?
Health and fitness hands down, but I also read a lot of crime/thriller/murder mystery books. If I were writing novels, it would definitely be on that topic.
10) Why did you start your blog?
I started this blog back for a journalism course and stuck with it as a platform to publish my articles and further explore health topics.
11) You have the chance to guest star on your favorite tv show. Which show would you pick?
NBC’s Hannibal. I read the books and have been hooked ever since. I think High Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen have phenomenal performances. I love the storylines, cinematography, and would love to know what happens next!
Thanks again, Be Present Yoga!